Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

migration from BIS to BES

I recently switched from yahoo small business email where I was using blackberry internet service to MS Exhange hosted solution with BES.  I have gone through the enterprise activation process however, I don't see a separate icon for my business email on the desktop - in the first icon "Messages" on the desktop I do get my BES enabled business email but its mixed in with personal yahoo mail as well as gmail.  I do have separate desktop icons for yahoo and gmail and within each of these I only see yahoo/gmail email.   At my previous employer I used to have a separate icon for the BES business email and it was not mixed in personal emails.  Does anyone know what is going on?  I still see an icon for BIS business email even though I deleted the BIS business email.

thx

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: migration from BIS to BES

With BES 4.1 SP5 there is a new IT Policy to create a an icon for BES only email (but HH OS 4.5 is required).  Personally I setup a search filter for BES email and BIS email to process them individually.

It is entirely possible that you're previous employer pushed some application / shortcut to do this for you as BBs couldn't do this natively until 4.1 SP5 / HH OS 4.5

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

Thanks. To make sure I understand this correctly - for this to work:

1. The third party hosting company I am using needs to upgrade to BES 4.1 SP5

2. I need to upgrade my HH operating system to 4.5

Forums Veteran II

Correct ...

Personally, I would setup search filters within the Messages box so I could use a shortcut key to see BES and BIS mail.

As of now there is no 4.5 HH OS ... lots of rumors and people talking about using beta / unreleased versions, but nothing released by a carrier / RIM officially to the public.

I also think it might be a little hard pressed to get a hoster to apply SP5 so quickly.  I work for a hoster and frankly am recommending we avoid SP5 altogether (because of the ~5 months delay in its release and HTML email being pulled from it).  If you can get them to upgrade; bravo to you!

Best of luck.

New Contributor

Could you please provide some guidance as to how to set the search filters.  I tried setting up an email filter (Messages/Options/Emailfilters)- but all the email is still coming through.  Also, in "Messages/Options/EmailSettings" for BES should the "messages service" be set to "Desktop" or one of the individual email addresses (yahoo/gmail/businessemail)?

Thx.

Forums Veteran II

Well ... you could always use Empower ...  Check out this post on BBF on how to setup / use search filters.

ALT + B = BIS for me

ALT + G = BES for me 

Retired

Props again Andy, great find Smiley Happy