Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320

send and receive emails using BES

I have a 8800 using BES. The phone was wiped and reloaded and since then I have not been able to send and recieve emails to the account.

If I connect to a Wi-Fi spot, using the Wi-Fi diagnostics I show it connected to the server but I still get the Red X when attempting to send emails. If I use the general message box I can send and recieve but I do not believe that box to be using BES but BIS. On the server it shows connected per my IT guy but we are all stomped.

Any suggestions and help is greatly needed and appreciated.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: send and receive emails using BES

define "reloaded"
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320

They reloaded the OS of the Blackberry.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Were you re-activated on the blackberry Enterprise Server after the Software reload??

This is done by going to options > Adnvanced options> enterprise Activation and putting ur email address and new password they set from the server at time of activating.

If you have done this and are still getting a red cross, then press on the cross and tell me the error message.

it will display 'Message status: *error message*' when you scroll up..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~