10-08-2008 04:10 PM
If I do a lookup on srp.ca.blackberry.net from my BES server I get 2 addresses 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
When I do a bbsrptest -host 220.127.116.11 it fails and when I do bbsrptest -host 18.104.22.168 it succeeds.
It seems that the BES server uses srp.ca.blackberry.net and resolves it to 22.214.171.124 which fails.
This started Oct 6 around 7:00 PM and no mail has moved since then.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
10-08-2008 05:29 PM
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V
10-08-2008 06:00 PM
Yes.But perhaps not in enough places. I have several DNS servers and have done nslookups from other locations (all inside the same ISP's network even if the client site was different)
Does anyone know if 126.96.36.199 is still correct and running at RIM.
It still shows up as a host for srp.ca.blackberry.net.
Did anything change on the 6th of October?
Is 188.8.131.52 a new server at RIM?
Nothing changed at the BES site and it has been running for a long time with no issues.
10-08-2008 07:19 PM
10-08-2008 08:26 PM
10-09-2008 09:53 AM
I do not recall trying that but we might have. Once we got the bbsrptest to fail on one address and suceed on the other we thought we had moved the problem out of the BES into something more fundamental.
I am wondering if the 204... is a new server with the IP that might have belonged to a spammer previously. I know that I set my client's firewall to block a lot of spam sources.
I am going on-site to look at the firewall today.
10-10-2008 10:43 AM
It was the firewall blocking a spammer. I guess that the IP address was reassigned to RIM but the address was still on my list.
I fixed that and now both addresses pass the test successfully.
The BES seems to be happy to talk to RIM. It always was so I guess that it just did a fallback onto the good address when one was blocked.
It appears that I was chasing a non-problem but I am happy to get both channels open anyway.
The original problem of a "service blocked" message on the phone still is unresolved and I will do a bit more research before starting a new thread.
I will consider this thread closed with thanks to all who contributed.