Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Announcing BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express

Any BlackBerry dataplan will work with BES Express 5.

PIM sync is included.

I have made a nice list of possibilities for upgrades etc.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Professional-Software/BES-SBE-BPS-upgrade-options-...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the heads up on this. Any word on pricing? I'll have 10 users.

GaryK

Developer
My Device: 8520, 9700

Pricing, BES Express is Free. Click the download link here: http://www.blackberry.com/besexpress and process the order.

If you specify 1 Quantity, you will get 1 SRP, 1 Authentication Key and 1 CAL with 10000 User Count.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I just ordered it and no where did I see the amount of users listed.

BES Express supports up to 2000 users.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

When you look at the license count in the BAS, you will see 10000 users.

You're right though. We would normally be looking at about 2000 supported users on a single instance. 75 if it's installed on Exchange.

RIM will have their reasons for the 10K, but the Server regardless will only hande 2000 Users at a push with max hardware, due to the number of users per agent. (Loosley stated, many other variables)

This reason for 10K, may be due to a distributed  BESEX domain, which should still be possible, This still has to be tested. Oh wait, I am waiting for all my unprocessed licenses from RIM.

RIM I am waiting for 6 Orders, please fix issue.

Guru III
My Device:

My orders were blocked by spam filter Barracuda 300 and investigating why it was blocked.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

If by distributed BESX domain you mean hosting multiple instances in a single BlackBerry domain, this is not possible. Like the BlackBerry Professional Software, you will not be able to host multiple instances of BESX in a single BlackBerry Domain or in the same domain as a full BES instance.

[Correction]

It is possible to have multiple instances of BESX in a single BlackBerry domain, however, BESX cannot share a database with full BES or BPS.

My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

any idea if they will be coming out with a version that works with Lotus Domino?

Developer

First BES Server is enterprise, being running a while. - 5.0.1 with MR's. Own SRP

Second BES Server is Express. - 5.0.1 Bundle 5 - Own SRP

Third BES Server is Express. - 5.0.1 Bundle 5 - Own SRP

Cal's Share for both Express installs.

BES Premium/Enterprise has own Database.

Second and Third BES Express Servers share same database, both Express servers are full installs.

Installed a Remote Router from BES Express install onto a totally seperate server, and connected all BES Servers to this Remote Router.

I have moved myself from Second BES Express to Third Express, with all functions working. Move processed immediately reflecting Third Express' SRP on Device. Reconciliation is showing as positive in the Third BES Server'sMAGT Logs.

Users on All Servers still syncing as normal.

Attachment Service: Made the Third BES Server the Primary, the Second BES the Secondary, both capable of processing attachments via the Test Attachment component of the Config Utility.