Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Announcing BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express

RIM Introduces BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express

Press Release [link]

Product Information [link]

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Announcing BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express

Thank for this port, I've been following MWC2010 via twitter all week.

I see under the "Premium IT Features" for BES on the comparison chart (PDF) it shows "wireless provisioning" whereas this is not listed under the BESX heading.

Could you clarify if this means that we will not be able to complete the classic "Wireless Activation"?  Would each activation need to be done via the web desktop manager or administration portal then?

New Contributor

I am actually looking for an answer here.  This is going to be a show-stopper for many folks if "Wireless provisioning" in BES and not BESX means no "Wireless enterprise activation" for BESX customers as the comparison doc presents it.

BUMP!

Retired

Wireless provisioning refers to wireless activations as far as I know. Before concluding anything, I would wait for more details about to product to be released before taking anything as definitive.

Thankyou for the reply.

I will stand by for official word.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Kewl things in case you missed it.

Any of the following operating systems supported:
• Windows Server® 2003 SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Windows® Small Business Server 2003
• Windows Small Business Server 2008

Free SRP
Free 2000 CALs

HTML emails with devices at OS 4.5 or higher

BIS or BES dataplan will work on it.

Runs on the Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Small Business Server
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is certified for up to 75 BlackBerry smartphone users to be installed and run on the same server that runs Microsoft® Exchange 2003 SP2, 2007 SP1, 2010 or Windows® Small Business Server 2003 and 2008. This eliminates the need to purchase additional hardware. If you require greater than 75 users, BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express has the flexibility to be installed on a separate server, supporting up to 2,000 BlackBerry smartphone users per server.

Management console
The BlackBerry® Administration Service provides web-based access to do the following:

• Manage smartphones in your organization, including resetting passwords, or remotely wiping lost or stolen smartphones. Choose from over 35 IT policies.
  • Delegate tasks with 6 preconfigured IT administration roles.
  • Deploy and manage applications over-the-air.
  • Schedule device, application and IT policy updates.
  • Update BlackBerry® Device Software wirelessly without users having to bring the device to IT.
  • Impose a device lock-down
  • Wipe data from a lost or stolen device
  • Wirelessly enforce security settings such as Bluetooth® lockout

Productivity
Help your employees do more - with everything from business applications to synchronizing email, calendar, contacts, tasks, memos and more, all on a BlackBerry smartphone.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

OOOOOO it will work with BIS?  That would save me some extra monthly fees.  But would we still get push email and calendar and contact sync?

and I guess we're still waiting for the wireless activiation confirmation?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express works with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2007 and 2003 and Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 and 2003 to provide users with secure, push-based, wireless access to email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks, as well as other business applications and enterprise systems behind the firewall. Importantly, the new server software utilizes the same robust security architecture found in BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

ya that's all obvious for a device provisioned for BES, but I wouldn't assume you'd neccessarily get all the same support for a device on the standard BIS data plan.  But if so, that's great.

Retired

Yup! BIS provisioned people are going to get the same functionality in terms of wireless PIM sync, push email and security.