Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

BES 5.0.4 Time Zone issue seems to be crashing the BES

I hope someone can shed some light on our issue. We are running BES 5.0.4 on Server 2008 Standard sp2 and I only have one user on this BES and I am getting errors in the event viewer. (We have another BES on a different server but same environment and those users are working perfectly.)

First is it TimeZoneContainer-TimeZoneContainer:Smiley TonguerocessWindowsTimezoneInfo- No Index value present then: user-CDOCalendarSmiley TonguerocessWindowsTImeZoneInfo-No Index Value Present many times then Faulting application BlackBerryAgent.exe, version 5.0.4.17, time stamp 0x502e604b, faulting module exmapi32.dll, version 6.5.8309.0, time stamp 0x5118a5b0, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00010188, process id 0x46c, application start time 0x01ceafda593fd2a6. and finally the BES Agent fails with

agent 1: will not restart - reached the maximum of 10 restarts per 24 hours, next restart... If you restart services or reboot it just does it again. It was working for a couple of weeks then it just won't stay running.

We have checked permissions, done the checklist because we run Exchange 2013 (but they are not on the same server). Done the traittool, done just about every knowledge base article pertaining to this issue. He is in a different time zone then the Exchange server and BES, if that makes a difference. Just hoping someone has been able to fix or get around this issue.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 5.0.4 Time Zone issue seems to be crashing the BES

CDO isnt the best to use, maybe try using EWS

How to enable BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to use Microsoft Exchange Web Services   

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I did switch it over to EWS using the TraitTool.exe, but still the same errors. Could it have corrupted the database before I switched over? And now it just not starting because of that? Unless the switch to EWS didn't take somehow. Thanks for the quick response!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telstra

@tia67ca

Did you find a solution to this problem? I seem to be having the same problem.

@knottyrope... EWS isnt an option as it can only be used for calendar functions... CDO is still required for messaging operations.

New Contributor

That knowledge base wasn't the issue that I am having. I finally got it working by adding all users to a new BES database. It worked well for almost 2 months and then today it started again with the same error.

CDOCalendar:Smiley TonguerocessWindowsTimezoneInfo- No Index value present, it does that for about 7-8 times then gives me the error:

Faulting application name: BlackBerryAgent.exe, version: 5.0.4.17, time stamp: 0x502e604b

Faulting module name: exmapi32.dll, version: 6.5.8309.0, time stamp: 0x5118a5b0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00010188

Faulting process id: 0x6f2c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cedc28c71483df

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BlackBerryAgent.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ExchangeMapi\exmapi32.dll

Report Id: 0bea99d2-481c-11e3-9419-a0b3cce8ec62

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Finally it gives me:

agent 1: will not restart - reached the maximum of 10 restarts per 24 hours, next restart on (date/time)

It does this almost immediately after restarting services. I have gone through all then knowledge base articles given but it doesn't seem to apply to my situation because it was working great. I only thing different today is a user/phone was added wirelessly to the BES.

Any help or ideas would be really appreciated!

Thank you

Contributor

What Maintenance release of 5.0.4 are you on?

I upgraded to MR5 and it fixed the issue... the time zone message still appear but the agent doesnt crash. I dont think the timezone errors actually matter.

Since the upgrade I can't access the BAS and am on the phone to RIM trying to sort that... 

But at least the phones are sending and recieving mail.

New Contributor

I am still back at 5.0.4 Bundle 38. I guess that I should move up to MR5. Hopefully that will help with the issues.

New Contributor

Not thinking! I am running BES Express 5.0.4 so there no MR5 updates for Express. I will have keep searching for an answer, because it is still not running.  If anyone else can offer suggestions or have had the same issue. I would love to fix this without having to reinstall and add all the BB's back again!

Contributor

Make sure you are running at least MR2