Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

BES 5.02 install and Dispatch error #3127 - Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Any idea why I'm getting this error in the event log after installing BES 5.02?

I created the besadmin account and gave it administrator rights, BES 5.02 actually works correctly, as the user is receiving / sending and sync'ing their calendar. BES is installed on a separate box than the Exhange 2003 server is installed.

The description for Event ID ( 186 ) in Source ( Blackberry Notification System ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:  IDS_25000               LoadServices: COM Error 0x80040E37 - IDispatch error #3127 - Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server - Description Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server - Command: LoadServices.

Thanks

John

New Contributor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

Re: BES 5.02 install and Dispatch error #3127 - Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Resolved this issue today.

In our case, when BES 5 was installed a new database was created.

However - it turned out that BES was still trying access the old 4.x database even though specifically set to use a new one during install - found the evidence of this behaviour in the SERVERNAME_DBNS* file in the C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs\(date) directory.

Once we had used SQL's admin console to delete the old BESMgmt database and restarted the BES services the error messages disappeared.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 5.02 install and Dispatch error #3127 - Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I am getting the same error, but am using SQL Express. How can I administer SQL Express?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Download and install MS SQL Server Management Studio Express

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Thank you!

Guru III
My Device:

Your welcome, glad to have helped out.

Guru III
My Device:

So glad this was posted.

Looks like when you make a new database on the same SQL server, DBNS will look at both databases.

Not sure where BES gets the info, but I am looking to why this hapens.