Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES Express 5.0.2 web consoles not working, BAS-AS_err.log error

Similar to another post I'd made in another thread, this is a site that's utilizing a full blown SQL server for the data base rather than Research in Motion's preferred / supported SQL Express that was a new requirement as of SP3, so the highest I could go with this server was SP2... unless the database is migrated.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Also, I changed my Google search criteria concerning this problem and discovered that this .XML corruption is a common problem for BES software and upgrading service packs does not fix the problem as the .XML files retain their corruption after updates. 

This site was actually pre-SP2 prior to posting here and upgrading that didn't fix this broken .XML file. 

I'm wondering is this log entry in SERVER1_web_log0.txt is related:

Apr 27, 2012 2:27:28 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig defaultWebConfig
INFO: No default web.xml

Personally, I'd rather fix the problem if it's fixable than uninstall and reinstall the software or migrate the database.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

DO you have these installed?

• Hotfix for MS10-021 related to Microsoft KB979683
  • Hotfix for MS10-047 related to Microsoft KB981852
  • Hotfix for MS11-011 related to Microsoft KB2393802

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had a good sleep last night and fixed the problem today. Actually, I fixed it yesterday however... a useful FYI... 

So I log into the server and decide to check my eventlog. Continual logs triggered for "The Blackberry Administration Service - Application Server service terminated unexpectedly." and then it restarts, fails, restarts; it was actually starting and restarting every few minutes or so for the last 24 hours or so, filling up my eventlog. 

I figured I could find a trace for this somewhere's in the logs, so I started poking around. 

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BAS\server\default\deploy

SERVER1_BBAS-AS_01_20120428_0266.txt

contained the following line:

(04/28 14:26:08:625):{main} [com.rim.bes.bas.singletondeploymentbarrier.SingletonDeploymentBarrierCheckIncompleteDeploymentsService] [FATAL] [BBAS-4011] {unknown} start CLUSTER: found incomplete deployments Incomplete Deployment listing:^^^ctrl-10^^^^^^ctrl-10^^^--- Packages waiting for a deployer ---^^^ctrl-10^^^org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@a820c7e7 { url=file:/C:/Program Files/Research In Motion/BlackBerry Enterprise Server//BAS/server/default/deploy/bas-clustered-cache-service.bad }^^^ctrl-10^^^ deployer: null^^^ctrl-10^^^ status: null^^^ctrl-10^^^ state: INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER^^^ctrl-10^^^ watch: file:/C:/Program Files/Research In Motion/BlackBerry Enterprise Server//BAS/server/default/deploy/bas-clustered-cache-service.bad^^^ctrl-10^^^ altDD: null^^^ctrl-10^^^ lastDeployed: 1335637493328^^^ctrl-10^^^ lastModified: 1335637493328^^^ctrl-10^^^ mbeans:^^^ctrl-10^^^^^^ctrl-10^^^--- Incompletely deployed packages ---^^^ctrl-10^^^org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@a820c7e7 { url=file:/C:/Program Files/Research In Motion/BlackBerry Enterprise Server//BAS/server/default/deploy/bas-clustered-cache-service.bad }^^^ctrl-10^^^ deployer: null^^^ctrl-10^^^ status: null^^^ctrl-10^^^ state: INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER^^^ctrl-10^^^ watch: file:/C:/Program Files/Research In Motion/BlackBerry Enterprise Server//BAS/server/default/deploy/bas-clustered-cache-service.bad^^^ctrl-10^^^ altDD: null^^^ctrl-10^^^ lastDeployed: 1335637493328^^^ctrl-10^^^ lastModified: 1335637493328^^^ctrl-10^^^ mbeans:^^^ctrl-10^^^^^^ctrl-10^^^

Okay, so, "bas-clustered-cache-service.bad" was my backup file of the 'bad' truncated file I'd replaced yesterday. Deleted that file and all is well now, I have access once again to administrate aspects of this BES server I could not before.

Lesson learned - the entire contents of the 

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BAS\server\default\deploy\ folder are parsed when the service starts, so don't have any junk or corrupt files in there!

Also, Blackberry Enterprise Server can corrupt its own XML files on its own!

Thanks for your contributions knottyrope.  

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad youvfound it and thanks for sharing your solution.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V