Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

BES Express Bold 9900 calendar not updating wirelessly

Hi all,

I have a particular user that have issues with his calendar on his BB. It seems that his calendar is never able to update OTA and I have check on BES Ex that wireless sync for calendar is enabled.

Other users are not facing this problem. I have tried pushing the service books, reactivation again but to no avail.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: BES Express Bold 9900 calendar not updating wirelessly

Check also on the device if Wireless Sync in the Calendar is enabled, sometimes it is not shown correctly on the BAS.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
New Contributor

Yes, wireless sync is enabled on the device as well. I have even factory default the device and tried doing enterprise activation. I have also tried reinstalling my BES Ex.
What else can be done?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Backup device then in Outlook

highlight calendar
goto file import/export
choose export to file
choose Persoanl folder pst, next
make sure calendar is highlighted and choose subfolders if you have them, next

save to desktop with a name you can remember, Finish
Click ok on screen popup

Go to view, arange by events
delete all entries.

KB04950 - How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone calendar application

close outlook and any word files, open outlook back up after 15 seconds.

Then
goto file import/export
import from another program or file, next
choose Persoanl folder pst, next
find the file and import
Choose highlight calendar and Finish
Change view back to what you want and try again.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, the method you suggested is only good for one push.  after which, the BB does not sync automatically. As well, when I create an calendar on the BB. It does not syncs to the Outlook even we do the above.

it seems like a half-duplex sync. Any newly created entries are sent to the BB. but if I remove anything, it does not remove on the BB as well.

I noticed that the problem seems to be affecting other users as well. How can i verify that?

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

Use search *cdo.dll on Exchange to find it and dont forget to look at hidden files during your search. Right click and choose properties to find the version of CDO.DLL

KB05270 - How to troubleshoot one-way wireless calendar synchronization issues

KB04950 - How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone calendar application

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have checked and verified that the CDO version is the latest.

Now I have another user that when he creates his calendar on Outlook, it will push to his BB only until we delete his "Desktop[CICAL]" and repush service books. However, calendar created on his BB is still not sync to Outlook.

Seems like a permission problem? I have verified that besadmin account was giving full control to his mailbox.

This problem is really a pain. Any idea how we can resolve this other than wiping the entire BES and setup again? 

We have many users travelling and it will be difficult to perform enterprise activation if we need to setup from scratch.

Guru III
My Device:

you can make a new service account and not have to re activate users

KB04293 - How to switch BlackBerry Enterprise Server service accounts