Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: DTAC

BES Express on Windows 2008 R2

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

First post so I hope i have all the information here. Was zooming through a BES Express install on 2008 R2 and I have hit a road block I get to the MAPI Setting of the instalation and I can't get any further. I am able to resovle the mailbox now I have unhidden the mailbox but when I click next with the correct information in the box I get told the following 

"The setup application could not initialize the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI client. Make sure that MAPI is installed and configured correctly and the Exchange Serer and mailbox you specified are correct" 

What further information can I give you guys to help me get this sorted? I am able to telnet from the BES Server to the Exchange Server with out an issue

The Exchange Box is Exchange 2003

Thanks

Lost

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Express on Windows 2008 R2

what version of MAPI did you install?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Knotty 

Microsoft Messaging API and Collaborations Data Object 1.2.1

Version:
Date Published:

26/10/2011

File name:
File size:

ExchangeMapiCdo.EXE

2.5 MB

Thanks

Lost 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

and did you assign the BESAdmin account permissions properly?

its easy to mess this up, have seen it 1000s of times over the years

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

HI Knotty,

Created a new BESAdmin account and completed the install with out a hitch but now I am unable to log on to the console page :-( Any ideas?

Thanks

Lost

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

did you wait 5 minutes for BAS to start?

How much free memory do you have on BES server?

did you try with IP address?

Did you use IE10?