Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES SBE Upgrade Path

Hi,

We are running BES 4.1.6.14 with 15 SBE CALS.  I've purchased another 10 and when I try to add the keys I am recieving and error regarding incompatibility.

It would seem I need to upgrade to BES professional to apply the key but when I try to install the BES Pro Service Pack It tells be I am unable to downgrade?

Help!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES SBE Upgrade Path

You are in a spot.

You have to decide if BPS is right for you and if it is you have to uninstall SP5 and 6 and might require a reinstall since BPS is at SP4.

BPS is a free upgrade but IIRC the SBE cals are different and can not be used with BPS. You can easily return them though.

Or spend the 2800.00 USD and upgrade to BES and it includes 5 cals too. so it is like a 2300 upgrade and spending 500 for cals.

Info: 

SBE 15 users

BPS 30 users

BES limited to hardware.

SBE = BES in terms of functionality but limited to 15 users

BPS is limited to service pack 4

BPS limitations:

No HTML email seems to be the biggest one.

MDS is limited, BlackBerry® Runtime applications through the BlackBerry MDS Integration Service are not supported.
No enterprise IM service.

No grouping for administration roles.

Compare more here
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/professional/#tab_tab_compare

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V