Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

BES dead after SP2 MR3

Our BES was showing 5.03 bundle 12.  MAPI is (and was) 1.2.1.

Today I logged onto it using the besadmin account, stopped the BB services, and ran the SP2 MR3 upgrade.

I then restarted the BES server.  No issues, no errors, it appeared to run fine and went exactly as the readme said it should.

Problem is afterwards no email was getting to handsets and lookups weren't working on our handsets.

It's a VM and I'd snapshotted it before the upgrade so for a quick fix I rolled back the snapshot, and all seems well.

Problem is there are so many logs I don't know where to start in trying to work out what went wrong, or rather what to check before I attempt the upgrade again?

Exchange is 2010 SP1 RU3v3.

Thanks in advance.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES dead after SP2 MR3

check the MAGt and MDAT logs for errors

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

to isolate an affected user on a static messaging agent , then look for the MAGT log for that agent (while trying to send/receive messages). The format you'll be looking for is:

Where the first pair of digits are the Agent ID you set.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES dead after SP2 MR3

Thank you, and will do next time I can do some downtime.

I've looked back at the docs and don't see any gotcha's mentioned - I don't suppose anything leaps to mind does it?

I'm in two minds whether to just build a new BES Express on 2008 R2 and use Transporter to move everyone across, if that's reasonably simple to do (my main concern is user impact).