Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: TIGO
Accepted Solution

BES express and VPN question!

Hello,

I have a BES Express at my company  with 10 users (BB), the Exchange Mail works perfectly

Today tell me  that I need to configure VPN on all Blackberry

So What I Need?

I find on Internet that I'll need a Cisco VPN 3000 at my company to receive the VPN client, it's true? Which other Router I can use ? Where I can find a list with the supported devices?

From the BES Express I can send a policy with  the VPN config to the BB devices?

It's possible to use my BES Express with VPN so I don't need to publish any service on Internet (Exchange(SMTP), Web pages(IIS), etc)

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES express and VPN question!

what do they need to access?

With their Blackberry device they can access internal resources already. I can access webservers with out issue on my device already with out VPN. BES gives you a VPN like access.

You can also access shared folders on a server for word docs, pdf, excel and more.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: TIGO

also works with a BES Express ?

what I Need to configure ?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

yes it does, nothing to configure, just type in the IP address in device browser to see if you can access a web server.

for folders in a file share, you do have to configure this part which is mentioned in the manual.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V