Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

BESX 5.0.3 CAL & SRP greyed out (new install)

Hi,

We currently have a dedicated server hosting our Blackberry users (Windows Server 2003, BES 4.1) and to avoid the complicated task of uninstalling BES and then installing BESX 5.0.3 on the same server I decided I would try and install BESX on another server that's not doing anything (Windows Server 2003 R2).

Anyway, I tried the install once but when I went into the web admin and couldn't add anyone, then I realized I never entered the SRP info, only the CAL license. So I tried the installation again and the "SRP host" and "SRP authentication information" is greyed out.

Here's some additional information about what I've done and what it's running on:

- BES 4.1 runs on the same domain as BESX 5.0.3 server

- They both use a remote database, so I created a NEW database for BESX

- After I installed BESX 5.0.3 I installed "ExchangeMapiCdo.MSI"

- We're using Exchange 2007 SP1

- And we only have approx 10 BB users, so it's not a huge migration

This is new for me as I took over for someone and I'm only continuing on their work. The reason why I want to make the switch to BESX is because we have some BB users with BIS data and it's beginning to be a pain for them to add BES data and switch their phone plans just for work email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!