Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BPS 4.1 One User's messages stop syncing.

Hi,

Thanks for reading. I've got a BPS server and a single Exchange 2003 server.  10 users are working fine.  One user has issues where messages stop syncing to handheld randomly.  After battery-pulling the handheld, the sync resumes ok. Hours later the sync stops again. The user upgraded to a new phone, and the same problem continues.  All other users on the server are running just fine.  I checked permissions and everything is as it should be, as far as I can tell.  We've tried numerous wipes and reactivations. Has anyone else seen this issue? 

Thanks

Tim

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BPS 4.1 One User's messages stop syncing.

You need to check out the BPS logs to find out where it is hanging up.

Open the BlackBerry Server Configuration application in the start menu and you should see a logging tab.  It'll point you to where the logs are kept.

Look around by searching the user name and the time when it happened last.

If unsure post it here with names/numbers removed.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks for your help.  I've found the following entries repleatedly in log files for the particular user.  Any light you can shed on these is appreciated!

[30000] (07/16 11:27:48.314):{0x8C4} [Alarm::ActivateAlarm] Queuing alarm: <N/A> | BlackBerry Messaging Agent BLACKBERRYSRVR Agent 1 (Application Event Log on BLACKBERRYSRVR) | 07/16/2009 11:27:48  (AFFF4EF8) -> {user@email.domain} Synchronize() failed: ERR_FAIL, Tag=113489

40005] (07/16 06:13:25.110):{0xDBC} {USERNAME} Update request received. Target=Alarms, UID=1, CmdID=-1097, status=200

10000] (07/16 11:29:34.189):{0xB10} [SERVICE_RELAY_SESSIONSmiley Frustrated34950997:00c05610] Service transaction not found. SERVICESESSION_TAG=6161225

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Do you have a different SmartPhone you could try?

Need to rule out the device first.

Was this user ever a Domain Administrator or have elevated rights?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Well, as I said before, the issue occurred on his old blackberry as well.  He got a new phone, assuming that the phone was the issue.  However the problem continues on the new phone.  So we've pretty much ruled out the phone itself.

This user has never been an admin, or had any more rights than any other user in AD.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

This could be a rights issue and going to be fun to find out where it lies.

adsiedit.msc can help look at his user account permissions on the DC and compare to a known good user.