Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: telstra

BPS 4.1 with 2003 and 2010 Exchange

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have Blackberry Manager 4.1.4.15 installed on a 2003 server with 2003 Exchange.

I am currently in the process of building a 2008 R2 server with Exchange 2010, I have migrated the mailboxes from 2003 exchange to 2010. At this stage I have not installed BES 5.1 on the new exchange server.

The blackberry manager has detected the new mail server and set it as it default mail server, but it has not changed the mailbox pointer.

I have run the handheldcleanup -u Utility to received and update mailboxes but this has not chanced the mail box pointer.

I need BPS 4.1 to remain fully functional on the old exchange server.(for now)

Is there a way to get BPS to point to the new mail box location on the new server and allow mail to be sent and received from the hand held devices ?

any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BPS 4.1 with 2003 and 2010 Exchange

[ Edited ]

4.1 does not support exchange 2010.

Move the user mailboxes and BESAdmin back to 2003 if you want BPS to work.

or install BES 5 express and move users over with transporter

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V