Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BPS Install Failure, Cannot install Performance Counters

This error is generated when trying to install BPS on a domain controller.  BPS has been installed before on this machine, but removed.

We have uninstalled BPS from control panel and also all references to MSQL.  We have also removed the registry values for MSQL from the domain controller.

It fails every time we run the setup programme at the same point. 

If we run the MSQL package from the tool directory, it installes ok, but I suspect if we do this it will not configure MSQL correctly for use with BPS.

ANy ideas how we can get a workaround?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BPS Install Failure, Cannot install Performance Counters

When installing on a DC you really need to follow the manual.

It is not usually a simple run setup.exe.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

We have followed the tutor videos on the Blackberry website to the letter.  It just won't progress past trying to install SQL when you use the install wizard provided in the BPS Software package...

Any ideas?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you did uninstall the MSDE correct?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Hi all,

I resolved the issue by re-installing last known good registry file on the domain controller and all installed ok.

Cheers