Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BPS & device upgrade

I've been running a small BPS with 6 users for the last 6 months without any problems. Today our Bell Mobility sales rep told me to upgrade our 5 Storms to the new OS. (the 6th user, being me, curve 8330)

...I lost 4 hours trying to figure out how to do this; neither the DM nor the "apploader" worked. And, otherwise someone proves me wrong, it is not possible to "push" OS upgrades from a BPS.

So my question is: Has anyone successfully upgraded their Storm? If yes, please share your story Smiley Happy

I called our Bell Mobility rep and he told me he was on the other line with someone at RIM regarding this!

Contributor

Re: BPS & device upgrade

Ok seems like Bell Mobility users have to wait another 2 weeks before thinking about upgrading their Storms ; just got the call from our sales rep.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You cant push an OS with BPS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes, thanks..I think I read one of your earlier post regarding this...after posting mine!

Sorry for asking what has been already asked.