Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BPS upgrade - HTML email

I have been out of the loop for a while and was wondering if BB finally managed to upgrade BPS to enable HTML email?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BPS upgrade - HTML email

[ Edited ]

There is no upgrade at this time for HTML.

There is 4.1.4b available and Interim Security Software Updates

Click on downloads on the bottom of this link

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/professional.jsp#tab_tab_downloads

Message Edited by knottyrope on 06-23-2009 11:02 AM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Re: BPS upgrade - HTML email

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately we won't need a security update - looks like we will have to move on to a different system that can deliver HTML email. 

Embarrassing enough not to be able to do that for such a long time. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

My guess as to why there is no HTML email for BPS

[ Edited ]

I do not know the real answer as to why there is no HTML yet, but this is only a guess as to why.

Impact of Supporting HTML and Rich-content Email Messages

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--nablac...

Think about BPS being installed on a mail server and what the extra load might do to it.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 06-23-2009 12:36 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Re: My guess as to why there is no HTML email for BPS

Well, we are talking about small businesses with maybe 2-10 users so I don't think that performance is the issue. I think it is more a political issue for RIM not to be interested in small accounts which from a business perspective might make sense. 

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: My guess as to why there is no HTML email for BPS

trottler wrote:

Well, we are talking about small businesses with maybe 2-10 users so I don't think that performance is the issue. I think it is more a political issue for RIM not to be interested in small accounts which from a business perspective might make sense. 

DING!

BPS has been playing 3rd fiddle (GroupWise gets 2nd fiddle position) for a while.  Why isn't the feature there?  I can think of no reason other than revenue.

I'm sorry you're in this boat; it sucks Smiley Sad

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/