Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.


Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.


Reply
Highlighted
New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-01-2013
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Bes Express 5.0.4 + Exchange 2013 - server name resolving incorrectly

[ Edited ]

Hi.

Installing my 3rd BESX server and coming across something odd.

I've got 2 servers running quite happily using same account for email access (ie besadmin - use anything else and nothing works).

 

Clean install of 3rd server and when doing the 'check name' option - putting in the usual GC server name instead of an email server - it resolves to the correct netbios name but not the new GUID based name for Exchange 2013. Which means the mailstore login fails with the catchall permissions fault.

 

I'm suspecting it may be a registry setting somewhere for patching BESX to work with exchange 2013 but can't find it doing a quick look through both systems.

 

Does anyone have any ideas as to what registry settings can be utilised for Exchange 2013? I've changed it all across to LDAP queries (so I could packet capture to fix other issues) and that works fine.

 

Any direction to start looking in would be useful.

 

thanks   John Benson.

New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-01-2013
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bes Express 5.0.4 + Exchange 2013 - server name resolving incorrectly

Have found a quick way of getting around the issue - use the EXCH tag in the autodiscover response from the besadmin account - paste the guid servername into the mapi profile are in Server configuration and it appears to be happy.

 

New Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎08-27-2013
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Bes Express 5.0.4 + Exchange 2013 - server name resolving incorrectly

[ Edited ]

Hi, when I enter the Exchange Tag I get a window to enter the login credentials. And when I enter them it says that they are wrong. But double checked, they are correct