Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Professional Express Software and SBS 2008

At the moment, the Professional version of the BB software doesn't appear to support SBS 2008. Does anyone know of a patch or update that will allow it to work on SBS 2008 OR a workaround?

Thanks.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: BlackBerry Professional Express Software and SBS 2008

Install BPS on a separate server.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor

[ Edited ]
In my case, we installed Hyper-V on the SBS2008 box and created a Server 2003 R2 x86 virtual machine. The BPS is now hosted on the virtual machine. So far, we haven't had any issues after the migration. 
Message Edited by MerryBerry on 06-29-2009 05:07 PM
Message Edited by MerryBerry on 06-29-2009 05:07 PM
Contributor

Hello,

We are looking for a patch of some sort as well. We will be moving to a SBS 2008 box soon. Right now, we have the software installed on a SBS 2003 box, and it runs fine. However, we won't have any spare servers to install this on when we do the switch. What other options are there in case SBS 2008 is not supported by then? Can this be installed in some random XP machine? Is this suggested?

We bought the software like 6 months ago (we have 5 CAL's, it's not the FREE version actually) and it was a pain in the behind to configure it.

Please... any suggestions are more than welcome

Thanks!

Contributor

Unfortunately, you cannot host it on the SBS08. One of our clients had the same issue before and what we did was enable Hyper-V on the SBS08, created a virtual machine, then installed Server 2003 Standard using one of their older licenses and hosted the BPS on that virtual machine. And no, you cannot host it on an XP box. I haven't tried it but it is not included in the compatibility list. 
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

srodriguez wrote:

Hello,

We are looking for a patch of some sort as well. We will be moving to a SBS 2008 box soon. Right now, we have the software installed on a SBS 2003 box, and it runs fine. However, we won't have any spare servers to install this on when we do the switch. What other options are there in case SBS 2008 is not supported by then? Can this be installed in some random XP machine? Is this suggested?

We bought the software like 6 months ago (we have 5 CAL's, it's not the FREE version actually) and it was a pain in the behind to configure it.

Please... any suggestions are more than welcome

Thanks!

BES will never natively be supported on SBS 2008.  It has to do with port conflicts of Exchange services and BPS services.  You need a separate machine.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/