Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: 9000

BlackBerry Professional Server - Died

Hi Guys,

Well maybe its is not quiet as dramatic as the title suggests. But you have to agree it got your attention .

Server - Virtual Server Running on ESX 

OS -  Windows Server 2003 STD SP2

Version -Blackberry Professional software version 4.1.4.3

Blackberry Manager Version - 4.1.4.17 

Other Notes - This is a seperate server to the exchange one.   

Issue - Basicly this moning at 9:45am (+10 Brisbane AU time) my BlackBerry Professional Server decided to stop pushing out emails. The server was online, and all the Blackberry services were running. Generally when i Jump on the server i am greeted with a stack of Cal Helper.exe faiure messages (not sure if thats a major issue seeing as the server has been running with these errros since it was setup). Below i've listed the regular events. i'm really at a loss to explain why it died, a reboot seems to have gotten it running again. but i'd like to know why it died so i can fix to root of the problem.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: BlackBerry MDS Connection Service

Event Category: None

Event ID: 15000

Date: 7/04/2009

Time: 10:20:15 AM

User: N/A

Computer: BNEBPS01

Description:

2009-04-07 10:20:15.953 GMT+10:00:36:MDS-CS_BNEBPS01_MDS-CS_1:ERROR:LAYER = SCM, EVENT = ServerBroker: acquireService - Service with name PUSH does not exist

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: BlackBerry Controller

Event ID: 20406

Time: 10:04:04 AM

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 20406 ) in Source ( BlackBerry Controller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 'BNEBPS01' agent 1: will not restart - reached the maximum of 10 restarts per 24 hours.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MNGR

Event ID: 10000

Time: 10:10:33 AM

Description:

DefaultHandler - exception caught thread Id=0x1E3C

As usual any help is Appresiated!

Cheers Aaron 

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry Professional Server - Died

Drama knot good.

for more info on your problem

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13707&slic...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Seeing as your in Australia..

You can get free support by calling 1800 010 253 option 3 option 2 and talk to a qualified server support person. You just need to provide them with a mobile number to log the call against..

But yeh Knottyrope already answered your question Smiley Very Happy

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor

ok Thanks for the responses, i've just gotten back from Leave so i'll try these out and let you know how it all goes.

Once again guys sorry for the lenght of time its taking, but i still have not fixed the issue havnt had time yet... i better get around to it fast, and thanks everyone for the replies.