Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry storm VPN client?

Does the storm has an available VPN client to connect to a Windows PPTP gateway or to a Cisco VPN gateway?

I'm doing a research on whether I can replace my Palm device with a BlackBerry device.  With my Palm, I vpn to either our Windows PPTP gateway or to a Cisco 3005 VPN concentrator and use the Palm VNC to control my desktop PC at work, if I have to, in case of emergency in our internal domain.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a BB device. I just manage the BESX and BPS servers in our organization.
New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry storm VPN client?

Any BlackBerry Device that is connected to a BES or BPS server, is already VPN'd into your internal network. There is no need to have a separate VPN client. There is also RDP software available for the BlackBerries. Rover MObile Admin and RDM+ to name a few.
Regular Contributor

jskolm85 wrote:
Any BlackBerry Device that is connected to a BES or BPS server, is already VPN'd into your internal network. There is no need to have a separate VPN client. There is also RDP software available for the BlackBerries. Rover MObile Admin and RDM+ to name a few.

Thank you.

I don't have a BB device. I just manage the BESX and BPS servers in our organization.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Okay, I'll admit I'm techno challenged on this phone! Smiley Sad So, is there a solution in plain, simple English?  Should I pay my IT guy to set this up for me? I could be in over my head here...  Thanks for any assistance!
Contributor

Hmmm,

how can i access our internal network, when I want to access our file-server with a notebook that is connected to the Blackberry via USB?

Thanks,

Ekkehard

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

and what if it's not connected to a BES or BPS?   Just a straight WI-FI connection.   No BES involved.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

jskolm85 wrote:

Guess you did not look at the above post.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V