Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Browsers - Differences?

On my Blackberry I seem to have by default 4 different web browsers.

One is from the network provider, which leaves Blackberry Browser, Internet, and Hotspot.

I can't see documented clearly what the difference is?

It seems that with the default of "Blackberry Browser" traffic is being routed through out BES and out through our internet connection, even if I'm connected to my home wi-fi.

What would we do if we wanted this to be the default, but if our staff were occasionally at locations where you connect to a wifi network but need to pass through a captive portal where you enter username/password before you can connect to the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Browsers - Differences?

You have a "wap browser" that is usually a carrier browser.

Internet Browser is also a browser that uses the carrier's data.

BlackBerry Browser is BES browser.

Hotspot Browser is just the wifi browser.

Most of the time if the wifi connection requires a login it will load that login page regardless of which browser you have set as default. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Browsers - Differences?

How to use IT policy rules to disable browsers on the BlackBerry smartphone   

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V