Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve won't activate with BPS

Hi,

I have had blackberry BPS software running for 2 months with no problems and I have two users on it who have Storms.  All works perfectly. 

I recently purchased a blackberry Curve did the same as I did with the previous devices for wireless activation.  But it just wont activate.  It comes back with a message within 3 seconds telling me "An Error occurred. Please contact your System Administrator"

I have checked the blackberry plan that the mobile has with my provider and its the same as the other users.  Even double checked it and had the blackberry service removed and re-added.

I've tried removing the user from the BPS and re-adding.

I've tried a different user from the BPS - Doesn't activate the user.

I've clean the device to factory settings - same problem.

I'm convinced its got something to do with the dataplan?  But they say its correct Any Idea's?

help

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Curve won't activate with BPS

Sounds like the Data plan still was not added correctly.

Have carrier remove the data plans and wait 5 min.

then have them add the more expensive BES (not BIS) plan back on.

Happens to me once in a while.

Other option is try to reactivate on known good phone to prove BPS is working for EA.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

It wasn't provisioned correctly on the blackberry network.  After contacting vodaphone a few times the eventually accepted it and fixed it.

Thanks for the help.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad it was solved.

kudos?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V