Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Blocking incoming text messages

Is there a way to block incoming SMS that doesn't involve asking the users to go into their firewall settings and turning it off themselves? I'm using BESx 5.0.2.29 and it seems that in BESx you don't get the option to turn SMS off from IT policies as shown in this guide.
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB11004&sliceID=1&command=show&forward=nonthr...

I hope this isn't a re-post because it seems like the sort of question that would come up a lot, but I wasn't able to find a solution by searching.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blocking incoming text messages

you will find BES Express is limited with IT policies compared to Full BES that the KB you mentioned was written for.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: besx 5.0.3
My Carrier: rogers

Sorry to bring up an old thread - but, can we confirm that this in fact is NOT an option with the current version of BESx?  This is bothering me as it's the one thing i don't want - ads and monthly payment text messages from my service provider to my employees. =( 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES express was made for BYOD and not to interfere with users personal experience.

If you need more control with corporate devices you should invest in Full BES.

I have been blocking 411 calls and that alone will cover the cost of BES. we were having about 200-500 per month in 411 calls when they could have used a 800 number with a 15 second ad or used the browser.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V