Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Bold 9000

CAL's for BPS same as for BES?

Hello,

My company recently installed the Blackberry Professional Software Express with one free user included. As we are very satisfied about the system, we want now want to buy extra CALs for this software.

Unfortunately, it seems impossible to buy in Belgium (with Mobistar as a carrier) the CALs for this BPS.  They claim they are not supporting BPS, only "Blackberry Internet Services" and the "Blackberry Enterprise Server".

I asked them if the CAL's for the BPS could not be the same as for the BES, as Mobistar is indeed selling the CALs for the BES.  But they cannot confirm.

Is there anyone who can help me

(1) any confirmation (official or not) that when I order 10 CALs for BES, I can use these to activate extra users on the BPS?

(2) or can tell me where I can purchase CALs for the BPS? The online shop of BlackBerry is only open for residents of the USA or Canada.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Chris Jonckheere from Belgium

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Re: CAL's for BPS same as for BES?

BES CALs work with BPS without any problems. The only thing though - if you decide on upgrading to BES, you will have issues. BPS needs to have SBE (Small Business Edition) BES CALs to upgrade properly to BES.

In short, if you intend to use BPS only, then you can use BES CALs.

WhackBerry_
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: CAL's for BPS same as for BES?

Thanks for your reply.