Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Calendar Synch issue

Hi- I am running BB Professional on an Windows SBS Server2003 with Exchange. Everyihtng has been running fine until early this week when users notice they are not able to get appointments they enter on their blackberry devices to sync back to their Outlook. I see an number of postings about this with Enterprise server and the solution is that the CDO.dll files on the blackberry server and the exchange server are at different versions and need to match, but being that my exchange and BB server are all on one box the CDO.dll is shared byboth. There is a newer version of this file on the Microsoft site but I'm wary of loading it. Anyone have any ideas on this problem?

Thanks

Re: Calendar Synch issue

I have same issue that, by way of a different path.

I had BES (small business edition 15 license limit) 4.1.3 and upgraded to BPS (30 license limit) 4.1.4

It was downloaded as an "upgrade" like a service pack.

I had all the permissions and cdo.dll versions setup correctly under BES, so this should not be a problem. Everything typed on the devices synchs back to the the Exchange server (Exch 2003) except for calendars. The BBerry logs on the BES server reflect the alerts, but not much detail.

If it only affected new devices I just added, I would think we purchased the wrong data plan from the cell provider. However I am losing service to my existing devices as well.

I can't find anything quite as similar to this issue on the board, so I guess I'll be calling support.

Super Contributor
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Hi. I have the same problem and it makes me really crazy. I changed all devices in our company from Windows Mobile to Blackberry handhelds and I start to regret this decision.  I checked everything but nothing helps. RIM is really not abel to do syncing with Exchange easier? Please, help me!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

What account are you logged onto the BES as?

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~

Hi- I'm logged on as domain admin. we've used this account from day one on this server.Would this be an issue?
Forums Advisor III

Yes. Very Very Very bad.

This is what makes the qualified techs so much money. When people try to install it themselves and don't follow a sinlge bit of documentation.

You have installed your BPS wrong. You needed to be logged in as the service account that needed to be created in order to be set up correctly.

If the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account is a member of the Domain Administrators or Enterprise Administrators groups, the Send As permission will automatically be revoked. Without the Send As permission, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server will not be able to update the BlackBerry smartphone user’s calendar on the Microsoft Exchange Server.

In your case however, you haven't even set up a service account.

My best advise would be to un-install your BPS. Read ALL documentation I have posted below and follow each step so very slowly. Or better yet, hire a qualified BES tech to come out.

Woman Very Happy

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~

OK, I will follow the instructions you have provided

Thank you

Forums Advisor III

know how you go

Smiley Very Happy

OR
~Gday from Down Under~