Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can BES/BPS service multiple internet domains?

I've searched high and low for documentation on how to do so, but can't find so much as a yes or no answer as to whether BES or BPS even can service more than one internet domain.

My client is running MS SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003.  They purchased a second internet domain for a different legal entity for use by only 2 or 3 NEW USER accounts created in a NEW AD OU.  These existing staff members will wear hats under both legal entities/companies, but they must have different AD logins, mailboxes and shared folders to use.  Exchange has been configured to service the new internet domain and the new user accounts have their primary email addresses set to use the new internet domain.

As mentioned these users already have SEPARATE AD accounts and Exchange mailboxes for the "old"/different internet domain for a different legal entity.  They also have BES/BPS accounts setup to service these "old"/existing Exchange mailboxes which they will continue to use while wearing hats under both companies.

The question is can BES/BPS support these people using email accounts under two different internet domains?  If so, how?  Is there documentation on doing so?

In the end an example of how the users will work is as follows:

AD login for company A - JDoe

Email for company A - JDoe@companyA.com

AD login for company B - JDoeCoA

Email for company B - JDoe@companyB.com (via email address added to JDoeCoA user account)

Lastly, this is a MS SBS 2003 domain so I'm only working with one AD domain.  Just different/multiple internet domains.

Any insight will be much appreciated!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Can BES/BPS service multiple internet domains?

The question is can BES/BPS support these people using email accounts under two different internet domains?  If so, how?  Is there documentation on doing so?

Yes, simply make sure the users in question have their primary SMTP address set to the email address you want them to use.  BPS / BES simply uses the Global Address List the service account has access to, so as long as your address list is setup correctly within AD / Exchange the mail.

If you're not sure how to setup different email domains within Active Directory that is a whole different ball of wax.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/