Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Can CALs be removed and re-installed on BESX?

[ Edited ]

CALs that I have installed on a present BPS installation can be removed and re-installed on BESX?

[Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.]

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Can CALs be removed and re-installed on BESX?

You dont use the old SRP or CAls on BES express.

You do get a NEW SRP and Free 2000 CALS.

What you do with the OLD SRP and CALs is up to you.

ebay?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
My Device: 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

As knottyrope says, BESx is free.  You don't buy CALs or software for it.  You cannot upgrade from BPS to BESx, however, so you will need to uninstall BPS and start with BESx from scratch Smiley Sad.  As for the BPS CALs, there is another user in this forum who may be interested in some of them...http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Professional-Software/Blackberry-Professional-upgr...

Derek Brown
Sr. Systems Engineer
Vision One IT Consulting
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Derekius wrote:

You cannot upgrade from BPS to BESx, however, so you will need to uninstall BPS and start with BESx from scratch

You can use transporter (it is unsupported but works) . If it fails is a different story, then you have to wipe (after backup of device) and activate.

KB17538 - What is the BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V