Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Verizon

Can you copy a user's contacts from the BES server?

We just migrated email from Lotus to Exchange.

This user had his contacts on his BB before the conversion, but Lotus only saw 59 contacts.  In our migration Lotus migrated the 59 contacts to Outlook.  Now his BB sees the 59 contacts.

I have no idea how he could have had contacts outside of the items known to Lotus so I am reaching for other solutions for him.

Does the BES server keep a copy of contact information?  If so, how do I extract it to import it in the new BES server for Exchange?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Can you copy a user's contacts from the BES server?

if it is really on device only, you will have to activate a device on old BES with users account

if deleted user from BES, you will need to restore the BES database first

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Is there any way to activate a BB without using the Internet and ISP MX records?

We have the old Lotus/BES environment active, but our MX records now point to the new Exchange/BES environment.

I am having difficulty activating the phone.

The other angle here, is are these contacts stored on the SQL server?  If so, what table would they reside per user?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can activate by wire with BAS, Web Desktop manager or by a PC with desktop manager

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

I was able to activate the BB using the desktop manager, but the same number of contacts came in.  I assume BES has no record of the contacts at this point, is that accurate?

Guru III
My Device:

its possible or maybe user had them with another email account.