Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Changing Email Server

We are migrating to a new mail server soon. BES Express 5.x is installed on it's own box. What steps do I need to take to change the mail server it is pointed to?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Changing Email Server

Assign permission on new server

KB02276 - Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

KB15582 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server might not work correctly in Microsoft Exchange environments w...

What is the BESAdmin service account?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/What-is-the-BESAdmin-service-a...

Move mail boxes
If you move a user between servers, you only need to perform the handheldcleanup command.

KB00140 How to use handheldcleanup.exe when moving mailboxes

FYI
If you move a user within a server (different mailbox database) you need to either:

Restart the server
or
Temporarily assign that user to a static mailbox agent

KB00142 - Cannot send or receive email messages because a mailbox has been moved

Restarts of a server are NOT required when moving users from one store to another. When doing a mass move however it does make things easier.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thank you for all this information. I hadn't even though beyond where do i put the new server name in. That still is my oustanding question, where/how do I change the exchange server name.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

AD will tell BES where the uses mailbox is stored.

If moving all the mail boxes including BESAdmin, you will need to recreate your MAPI profile on BES after moving BESAdmin.

How to re-create the BlackBerry Enterprise Server MAPI profile

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Does this same process apply for BES Express? I noticed these directions are for BES

Guru III
My Device:

Yes it is, follow the BES 5 directions.

Contributor

Based on what I've read, would this be the correct order for the steps?

Assign service account permissions for Exchange
Re-create the BES MAPI Profile
Run Handheld Cleanup.exe

Guru III
My Device:

kdoll wrote:

Based on what I've read, would this be the correct order for the steps?

Assign service account permissions for Exchange

Move BESAdmin account
Re-create the BES MAPI Profile

move users
Run Handheld Cleanup.exe if needed.

I added more in