Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: o2

Changing the IP address of the server

Hi Guys

Can you please advise me on this

We need to find out what the implications would be if we changed the IP address of the server our BES server sits on? Currently it points to the BlackBerry router service on another server which in turn points to the outside world.

I need to know how to make that change without any interruption to our BlackBerry emails

Kind Regards

Faz

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Changing the IP address of the server

you need to check your fire wall rules first so that it can still talk to the Router

also your DNS pool name will need to be updated to use BAS or use IP until you do

I have not used a BES router before on separate box, but you can check the manual for more info

Is SQL remote too? if not then Router might not connect to it by IP unless you make a change.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: o2

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply

so basically once the IP is updated in the DNS pool and BAS it should be all ok?

ALso, can you please tell me where in BAS do we have to update the IP address? (SQL is in the same server where we have BES)

Kind Regards

Faz

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

SQL should not be an issue since it is local

BAS uses DNS, so that wont be an issue and if it is for a bit you can access BAS via IP address

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V