Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Contact Wireless Sync Not available - Policy Issue?

Dear All,

We currently use BPS 4.1.4.3 with Lotus Domino 8.5.4 with approx 19 handsets varying models.

We've been able to wirelessly sync contacts in the past but for some reason this is no longer happening.  We can't pin point when this exactly occured so can't rule out updates but heres whats happening:

One a brand new device which has not been configured with BPS the option for Wireless Sync is available on device (Contacts, Options, Contact List, Desktop, Wireles Sync enabled) for example Bold 8700. 

Generally we configure handsets directly from the server so we connect via USB, create the user and assign the device.  Once this is done we can add contacts onto the persons mailfile, peform a reconcile and the contacts don't sync.  I check the device  (Contacts, Options, Contact List, Desktop, Wireles Sync disabled) and the option does not allow me to change this option.  If I go in to mail menu Options, Advanced OPtions, Default services they are all set to desktop and can't be changed.

I checked the default policy -> PIM Synchronization policy group, Disable Address Wireless Synchronization IT policy rule and its set to the default value which is NO. 

Can anyone think what may have caused this or if something is being done to prevent the sync of contacts.

Your help is much appreciated - Thanks guys!