Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: at&t

Create dependencies for BES services?

We had an issue a while back in whcih internet connectivity was lost, and when it was regained, we had to restart the Blackberry services to get the phones to sync.  I had a case open with BES support about this, and they indicated that if BES servcies connect before Exchange services, they will need to be restarted.  I was just wondering if someone here can confirm this, and tell me if there's any sort of dependency I can set up so this isn't the case.

Specifically, what are the BES services connecting to, besides Exchange, and what would Exchange need to connect to, assuming all services are started?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Create dependencies for BES services?

boot order

DC, GC, SQL +  Exchange, BES

Bes wont work unless done in this order.

What is the BESAdmin service account?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/What-is-the-BESAdmin-service-a...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

OK, so is there an Exchange service I can put as a dependancy for a specific BES service, or all BES services?  Also, in this case, the server didn't restart, it's just that the internet was down.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

please explain your environment so I can understand more what happened.

is you DC GC exchange server and BES on the same LAN or is it separated at all?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

We are running everything on the same server.  SBS 2003, Exchange 2003, SQL 2005 and BES 5 all on the same server.  We lost internet one day, and when it came back up, email was flowing to Outlook but not the phone.  A restart of the BES services fixed this.  We are wondering what we can do in the future to prevent this.

Guru III
My Device:

BES should have recovered from it. Mine hase recovered after a 12 hour outage with out issue.

How long did you wait until you restarted services?

Contributor

about an hour or so

Contributor

Is this worth doing, or no?  Should we create dependencies for the Exchange services on Blackberry services?

Guru III
My Device:

I dont think it will hurt anything to do it

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks. Is there a recommended service that BES services indirectly depend on? What's the first Blackberry service to start, that I can add the dependcy to do?