Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Device can't send e-mail

[ Edited ]

I've searched but I didn't see anything specific to this. Sorry if I overlooked something.

I'm getting the infamous red X when I send an e-mail from the HH. This is a new install on a Exchange server(2003). I'm getting the following messages in the alrt log.

{0x2670} [Alarm::ActivateAlarm] Queuing alarm: <N/A> | BlackBerry Messaging Agent ServerName Agent 1 (Application Event Log on ServerName) | 07/08/2009 10:09:10  (AFFF4F29) -> {user@domain.com} MAPIMailbox:Smiley Frustratedend(ppMAPIMessage) - SubmitMessage (0x80070005) failed

{0x2670} [Alarm::ActivateAlarm] Queuing alarm: <N/A> | BlackBerry Messaging Agent ServerName Agent 1 (Application Event Log on ServerName) | 07/08/2009 10:09:10  (AFFF4FF8) -> {user@domain.com} Send() failed: ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL, Tag=64

Edit:

Upon further research I dicovered that the SendAs permission that I gave the admin account for the Users container in AD may take 90 minutes to take affect. That may be my problem but if you have any other suggestions they are welcome. I will post any updates.

Message Edited by Doug81 on 07-08-2009 10:43 AM
Contributor

Re: Device can't send e-mail

I'm still getting the same failures in the ALRT log file.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

On the BlackBerry, if you open the message with the red X what does the "Message Status" state at the top?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

Desktop Email program unable to submit message.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Start here

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04422

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

I've got it. I ended up following KB12300. My user wasn't inheriting from the User OU in Active Directory. I got that all straight and restarted the Information Store service as noted in the KB article.