Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

ETP.DAT activation e-mail being stuck in the user Inbox - device fails to activate

We just installed a BESX 5.0.1.13 for one of my clients. 

1. There is an existing BPS 4.1.7 on a dedicated Server 2003 R2 and is still working properly with 3 devices. 

2. The BESX is installed on the SBS 2008 and we installed it using the existing BESAdmin account. 

3. We provided the correct permissions for the BESAdmin account on the SBS 2008 and all test after installation indicate that the BESX is working fine. 

The issue is that when we try to activate a device wirelessly after adding a user and setting the activation password, the activation fails. After some searching, it seems that the etp.dat activation e-mail cannot be retrieved by BESX from the user's mailbox.

We have tried the following solutions from this KB and still no luck. Thank for all your suggestions. 

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: ETP.DAT activation e-mail being stuck in the user Inbox - device fails to activate

Hello MerryBerry,

Please run the IEMStest tool against the users mailbox this test can quickly determine whether the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account can access a BlackBerry smartphone user’s mailbox.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb02091

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!