Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Emails in subfolders in Outlook are not showing on Blackberry handheld

It is entirely possible this has already been answered; I have searched many threads but really havent found the answer I need.Apologizes if this is redundant.

Environment:

W2K3server running Exchange2005

W2K3 server running Blackberry Professional

Windows XPP running Office 2003 (Outlook)

Blackberry 8330 Curve

In Outlook, I have about 30 subfolders under INBOX, and rules establlished to drive the incoming emails to specific folders.  When an email comes in that is routed to a subfolder, Outlook enboldens the subfolder as expected, howeverr the email does not show on my BB. It is unlikely that I will be opening "folders" on my BB every 30 minutes to check all of the subfolders for new email.

In the occasion that I do use the "View Folder" option on the BB, the subfolders have no indication that there is new email. 

I am certain this is just a configuration issue. How do I confiure my BB to show ALL emails and NOT have them routed to subfolders on my handheld?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Emails in subfolders in Outlook are not showing on Blackberry handheld

1. Click Messages.
  2. Open the menu and select Options.
  3. Click General Options.
  4. Scroll down to Hide Filed Messages and select no

They should come back to the inbox on your device and the subfolders on your device too.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

All other handhelds I have seen are working as expected after applying the change. I have one handheld with me that is not behaving.

In their Outlook, I created a subfolder with my name. I verified the subfolder appeared on the handheld.

I then created a rule in Outlook to drive all my email to that subfolder. I sent him an email and verified it was indeed in the Outlook subfolder. The email is not on his handheld, either in Inbox, OR in the subfolder.

I have verified the settings above...

What next?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Old emails are not populated when adding new folders, just new ones.

Only upon new activation do they get prepopulated.

More info for you.

KB11632 - How to increase the number of email messages sent to a BlackBerry smartphone during the en...

If using the same PIN upon activation look at this KB

KB04713 - Enable message prepopulation for all users on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Regular Contributor

Thanks Knotty ---

The handheld I have was activated 6 months ago and works fine with his outlook.

The new folder does show in his handheld - but "new" email does not get driven there. In fact, any email that is managed by a "rule" does not appear at all in the handheld.

1) I created a subfolder in Outlook called "A"

2) I verified the subfolder appeared in the handheld

3) I created a rule in Outlook that email from "JOE" get routed to subfolder "A"

4) I have JOE send the user an email.

5) Outlook shows the new, unread email in the folder "A", and the folder is properly enboldend to show unread email

6) The handheld does not show Joe's email in Messages.

7) Selecting the "A" subfolder on Joe's handheld, no email is shown.

8) I have "JANE" send an email to the user. There is no rule in Outlook for Jane.

9) JANE's email appears in the users Outlook Inbox as expected, and also on the users handheld Messages

10) I have JOE send another email. The email in Outlook is routed to the subfolder as expected (there are now 2 new, unread emails in the subfolder).

11) JOE's email does not appear on the handheld either in Messages or in the subfolder "A".

12) the subfolder "A" is empty. Neither of the two new, unread emails appear.

Should I try:

1) deleting and readding the User account through BPS?

2) reloading the service book on the users handheld?

Regular Contributor

BTW our environment is:

Server: Server 2003 / BPS 4.1.4.17

Client: XPP / Office 2003

Handheld: BB Curve 8330

Guru III
My Device:

Did you look in the folder it self, and not just look for a number indication.

Is the rule an outlook rule or Server side rule?

Regular Contributor

Yes, I looked in the folder itself on the hh; Messages > "View Folder" > Inbox > [folder]. Looking in the actual folder on the hh shows no messages.

In Outlook, there were 4 new, unread emails in the subfolder. They show in Outlook, but not the hh.

These are client-side rules, made in Outlook. All of our employees manage their own Outlook with their own rules. We do not support domain level, or server-level routing. No server side rules.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

On my Storm I am having the same problem.  However I don't have the :Hide Filed Messages' in the options list from messages.

Any other suggestions?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of the six BB CURVES (8330) in service, only one was having the problem of not showing emails if the email received was driven into a subfolder via Rules in Outlook. For this specific user, he only had one rule, and one subfolder. For this one user, we just turned off the rules.

This was not a fix; actaully it was not even a "work-around". It was more of an "avoidance" since the issue couldnt be figured out.  We stil have no idea why this one BB, configured like all the others, would not show messages if they were filed.