Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel
Accepted Solution

Exchange upgrade 2003 to 2010

I studied the docs thoroughly of upgrading Exchange 2k3 to 2k10 & few things I would like to know.

1.) Current CDO files on both servers are CDO 1.21 & Version 6.5.6944.0, where in document it should be CDO 1.2.1, is both (1.21 & 1.2.1)are same files.

According to Task 1.) Both documents provide is to check version of BES SP2 or SP3 but I am not able to find doc to find version of BES-EXP SP3.

Further, we are installing Hub Transport Server Separately (Implementing many policies in that) but BES-EXP syncs with Mail Exchange server, so does BES by pass the policies implemented on transport server and will be restrict BlackBerry users as well those polices.

Or is there any way to deploy Hub transport server in between BES-EXP and mail exchange server.

We are using BES-EXP 5.0.3 with Exchange 2k3, with approx 600 BlackBerry users.

Thanks.

Manish

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Exchange upgrade 2003 to 2010

unleashurself wrote:

I studied the docs thoroughly of upgrading Exchange 2k3 to 2k10 & few things I would like to know.

1.) Current CDO files on both servers are CDO 1.21 & Version 6.5.6944.0, where in document it should be CDO 1.2.1, is both (1.21 & 1.2.1)are same files.

According to Task 1.) Both documents provide is to check version of BES SP2 or SP3 but I am not able to find doc to find version of BES-EXP SP3.

Further, we are installing Hub Transport Server Separately (Implementing many policies in that) but BES-EXP syncs with Mail Exchange server, so does BES by pass the policies implemented on transport server and will be restrict BlackBerry users as well those polices.

Or is there any way to deploy Hub transport server in between BES-EXP and mail exchange server.

We are using BES-EXP 5.0.3 with Exchange 2k3, with approx 600 BlackBerry users.

Thanks.

Manish

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

BES service account does not get affected by policies much as you will give it special permissions to work.

is there a specific policy you are worried about?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

1.) Current CDO files on both servers are CDO 1.21 & Version 6.5.6944.0.

where in document it should be CDO 1.2.1, is both (1.21 & 1.2.1) are same files????

2.) According to Task 1.) Both documents provided, is to check version of BES SP2 or SP3 but I am not able to find doc to find version of BES-EXP SP3.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

unleashurself wrote:

1.) Current CDO files on both servers are CDO 1.21 & Version 6.5.6944.0.

where in document it should be CDO 1.2.1, is both (1.21 & 1.2.1) are same files????

Forgett about 1.2.1 - it is always 1.2.1 - but thats not the real version. Just download the new version and follow http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15779

unleashurself wrote:

2.) According to Task 1.) Both documents provided, is to check version of BES SP2 or SP3 but I am not able to find doc to find version of BES-EXP SP3. 

version of MAPI and BES are listed in the Control Panel of Windows -> Software/Add remove Programs/What ever it is named in your Windows version
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Check your BES version number

1) Go to the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start > Run > appwiz.cpl )

2) Locate the reference to "BlackBerry Enterprise Server", select it and then click "Click here for support information.".

3) The publisher listed should be "Research In Motion" and the Version will be the exact version of BES currently installed.

Also you can learn more about the MR level with the bundle number too.

Exchange
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05131

Domino
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB01346

Group Wise
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03776

Let us know what you have

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Forums Advisor III

Thanks for your response...!!!

As a safe side, one more precuation we are planning and that is BES-EXP migration to virtual server. Please share doc of BES-EXP 5.0.3 migration from physical box to virtual server.

Guru III
My Device:

There is no doc for that. VMs work like regular servers for the most part. the only issue you can have with virtual is the sound driver to play some files as media player is not installed.

Forums Advisor III

Thanks Guru..!!

Will let you know further updates accordingly...!!!

Guru III
My Device:

hope all is going well

Forums Advisor III

Hi Guru- Link for getting a second SRP & CAL ID is not working, its showing 404 page not available.

I tried to find process from doc KB12304

in this doc, theer is a para

For customers using BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express

• Register for a new BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express to obtain the replacement SRP to be used on the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server in the migration.
  • BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express registration is located at www.blackberry.com/express. ( < link is not working)

Please suggest....!