Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

HTML Email

Does anybody know when BPS will be able to handle HTML email? I am running 4.1.4.15.
Contributor
My Device: 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: HTML Email

This is the milllion dollar question that everyone is waiting to hear. Soon I hope because it sure is annoying having to keep explaining to people why they can't get it on their device.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

chances are great that they won't enable this on the limited bes > aka BPS.

If would be preferable for you to pay the $4k+ to upgrade to FULL BES and then enjoy all the great features like html..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor

Won't make sense for us to spend $4k for three users. I am sure there are a ton of similar companies for them it does not make sense either. It is hard to believe that HTML email posses an issue in the year 2009.

Forums Advisor III

$4k is in AUS dollars.. who knows it might be alot cheaper elsewhere..

It seems fair to me to pay for something like that. regardless of how big the company is. if u want it, u pay for it.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor
My Device: 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Then RIM shouldn't market Professional as offering the same funtionality as BES. For companies that only have 3-4 users, paying $1000 per users seem unreasonable. We are already having to pay higher data plan rates to have BES (va BIS) but can't get html emails.

In my opinion I would prefer to give up some of the other BES functions in the Professional edition and have html or pay a few per use like the CAL.

What erk's me the most is just the lack of information from RIM. Tell people what the future of professional is and whether HTML will be coming or not. It will at least allow us to make decisions about device upgrades and for potential clients to select a different device/email offering. If it's a NO then just tell us but don't leave us hanging

Forums Advisor III

With all the hype about 4.5, its very very unlikely..

Everyone, think about it.

BPS has never been service packed since it conception and delivery release.

Its a taster of what you could have if you paid for the upgrade. When RIM are the only ones in the world with this technology and precision, they can charge what they want for it. DATA plans included.

They aren't going to say yes, or no for html..

But think about it carefully... we are up to 4.1.7 service pack for full bes and are about to release 4.5 full bes.. why would a company waste time going backwards to enhance something they make bugger all money from..

Smiley Tongue

OR
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Compare Outlook Express to Outlook 2003/2007.

BPS and BES are doing the same thing.

Whine all you want, its a RIM marketing thing.

2800.00 USD to get HTML email and 5 CALs are included with it.

So it is really like a 2300.00 USD upgrade if you need the CAL's.

Having full blown Enterprise BES, PRICELESS.

Other thoughts:

The old 15 user small bussiness express can do HTML, too bad its NLA.

And you have to down grade it to 4.1.4 to upgrade to BPS, LOL.

Maybe its because so many have BPS installed on the exchange server.

I bet it would take up too many resources on that server and people would be more upset when Exchange goes down because HTML was enabled.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 02-16-2009 05:24 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

My next PDA will not be a BlackBerry if they can't get their act together and support HTML in their BPS offering.  Small Businesses are not going to pay $1000 or more just to be able to get HTML Email on their BlackBerry.  They'll just get an iphone, Android or M$ Mobile phone which all support HTML. 
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could not agree more.

Message Edited by trottler on 02-19-2009 04:16 PM