Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

HTML Emails

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible to allow HTML Emails from the BPS? Or is it a requirement to upgrade to Enterprise for this to occur?

Thanks

New Contributor

Re: HTML Emails

It not possible to receive HTML Emails on a current version of a BPS. So far I know it will come up in the next update for BPS. I found here not to many answers when it will be aviailble, but I hope soon.

Hello-

I am totally lost with the issue of being able or not to send HTML emails to BB users and them actually seeing the HTML content (email) on their BBs. Can this be done?

I am totally green on this issue. I am in sales training and I would love to push content out to the sales force using HTML emails. To date I send HTML emails but the only way to properly view the content is on a desktop.

Is there a software that can be purchased to develop BB enabled HTML emails? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Highlighted

We recently deployed BPS for a customer and instantly were asked about HTML email capability.  Like many others before us we searched high and low for an answer and ended up contacting our distributor who told us " Asked RIM about whether HTML is supported for BlackBerry Professional Software.  They advise:  Yes, HTML is supported. Please ask the user to review the document at this site for more specific information on HTML support for BPS." 

They sent to us a link to a KB document.

We haven't had a chance to verify what software versions are on what phones yet but maybe this will help others.  Below is an excerpt from the KB with a full link at the end.

Doc ID : KB03700
Last Modified :
12-02-2008
Document Type : Support

Note: See Table 3 for an explanation of the annotation numbers in Tables 1 and 2.

Table 1 - End-user features for Microsoft ExchangeExtensibility/Data access: BlackBerry Browser enhancements (enhanced HTML tables support, ability to send a URL, animated .gif support) - BlackBerry Professional Software note15

Table 2 - IT Features for Microsoft ExchangeExtensibility/Corporate Data Access: BlackBerry Browser Supports WML, CHTML, XHTML and HTML, CSS (partial support) - BlackBerry Professional Software note11

Table 3 - Annotation Notes

Note       Description

11           Requires BlackBerry device software version 3.8 or later (BlackBerry smartphones based on Java)

15           Requires BlackBerry Device Software version 4.0 or later for BlackBerry smartphones based on Java with 10 MB or more memory 

The full KB is here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03700&sliceId=2&docTy...

Interesting. I read the PDF link that was available in one of the responses to this thread. To your point, it does say that BBs do support HTML emails. I read your response as well.

Our entire sales force uses BB 8310 and I have sent numerous HTML emails. I have used Dreaweaver to develop and then opened up the file in Outlook on the desktop to send what I am calling an e-newsletter (HTML email). Unfortunately, no one can read the e-newletter as it was developed. People can however view itext and the links created. As a corporation we use Microsoft Exchange and ATT&T as a service provider.

Any thoughts/recommendations would be very much appreciated.

I got the straight scoop from RIM today.  If you are running BPS… "it does not send HTML email."

I was referred to KB04043 and in a nutshell the KB states you must be running BES v4.1.6... 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04043&slic...

So when is the BPS going to be updated so that we can view HTML emails recieved as a webpage?

I has been indicated that this will occur in the next BPS update, when is this scheduled to occur?

New Contributor

Perhaps when all the small customers move on to activesync ;->

Surely they could put a co-op student or two on this cutdown BES.