Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

HTML Emails

Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded my 8330 last night to 4.5 in hopes of getting html emails.  Much to my dismay, I see it is not an option.  After searching around a bit, it appears that the BB Pro server does not allow html emails?  Is this true?  Would the 4b service pack include this function?

If the Pro server does not allow this, does RIM plan on it?  If RIM is not planning on it, do I need to flip over to the regular Enterprise Server?

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

Rod

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: HTML Emails

BPS does not support html email.

BES 4.1.6 does with 4.5 HH code and higher

more info: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/3107/HTML_Rich_text_BESX.pdf.pdf

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

If the Pro server does not allow this, does RIM plan on it?  If RIM is not planning on it, do I need to flip over to the regular Enterprise Server?

As of now, it doesn't but there are plans to have support for it in the future ... when though RIM has not published.  If you want it now / near future, you need BES (or you could BIS-integrate a mailbox).
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor

I found the same thing with my Storm.  If anyone from RIM is listening...Please let us have HTML Email!

+1 - BPS needs HTML email (I can't believe it doesn't have it already!).
Contributor

I agree, RIM is WAY behind with their BPS releases. There is no excuse since BPS is almost identical to the BES code. Obviously they take care of their BES stuff first but the lack of HTML support for BPS implentations is madness. Esp. since there's loads of BPS implentations out there now, and growing fast.

This is the #1 issue I have with BPS, and I have many customers asking about it, so RIM what is the story?

Contributor
My Device: 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Just curious if RIM monitor this forum?

I am very curious to know when we should expect a SP for BPS to offer html. Even a Q1, Q2 indication is better than nothing.

It is ridiculous that they html email is being promoted, we've been hit with the STORM but yet can't fully support it with BPS.

Shame on RIM!

Contributor

Hello, number 3 thread re. HTML
New Contributor

HTML Emails

Is Rim determined to undermine BPS completely? 

About to lose several users to iphones unless I can offer the BB experience with HTML emails. 

So far the only response has been sometime in 2009.  This is just way too vague.

Can anyone offer concrete details to fix this issue before all my client users migrate off. 

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

askjoel wrote:

About to lose several users to iphones unless I can offer the BB experience with HTML emails.

What experience are they not having?

askjoel wrote:

So far the only response has been sometime in 2009.

You meant 2008?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code