Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
My Device: Various

Interesting BlackBerry Message Deleting Issue

Using BlackBerry Profession 4.x (latest version and all patches are installed).

Only one user has this issue.  Other users are not experiencing the problem.

Here is the situation:

User receives a new email from someone who has not sent them an email.  The Exchange Server/Outlook Client deletes the message (you have to go into the deleted items recovery mailbox to retrieve the message - which always fails when attempted - it does NOT move it to the deleted items folder).  On the blackberry the message shows up but has a red X through it and it cannot be opened.  If the user sends an email back to the person communicating with them and they reply then the message comes in properly to both the Exchange/Outlook Client and to the Blackberry. 

I have reset the device, reinitialized the device, hard reset the Blackberry, checked all the settings, installed all the updates on the Professional server, and researched this issue for more than two months now.  I am out of ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it.

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this issue and how I can go about fixing it?

Thanks.

John

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Interesting BlackBerry Message Deleting Issue

Check the BlackBerry mail filter and Outlook exchange rules.

Turn them all off for a test.

He might have set something to only allow emails in from his contacts list.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V