Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Invalid client access license key

I had to uninstall and reinstall Blackberry Enterprise Server Express on the same server.  Everything with the reinstall went fine up until I got to entering the license key and client access license key.  I get the error message: Invalid client access license key.  I have checked and rechecked and the keys are entered properly.  I tried to search for an answer to this issue but did not find a similar post.  Does anyone know how I can get the proper client access license key? 

Thanks,

Jon

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Invalid client access license key

Did you reuse the database or create a new one?

If you used the old one it should have the info already there.

Not sure about what happens when making a new one.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi every body,

we are also facing the same issue of " Invalid Client Access License key"  it is not installation , we are not using any old database as well.

Please suggest some thing.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

is this for BES Expres 5? If yes you can get a new key for free.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/business/server/express/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Note

In brand new install of BES express on SBS 2003 I am also getting the same invalid a access license key after copy/paste SRP Indentifier and SRP Key. Did anyone found an answer, please post it. Thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

Did you mix up the SRP and User CAL?

Did you get the SRP info from link in the email message?

SRP looks like this with 40 characters

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

CAL auth key starts like this

besexp-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-

New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Note

Thank you. That was the problem.

Guru III
My Device:

Your welcome, glad to have helped out.

IIRC the entries are in opposite order from the email link you get.