Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Junk Email battle

Hello...New to the forums. Just got 8 Blackberry users up and running on BPS 4.1. The problem I have is this:

I have two domain names configured in my exchange to receive email

DomainA.com

DomainB.com

All users except two use just DomainA.com email addresses.  The other Two users use both DomainA and DomainB email addresses.

So when junk email for DomainA email addresses go to the junk email folder in outlook...Users do not get them in their blackberry inbox.

When junk email for DomainB email addresses got to the junk email folder in outlook....the two users get it in their blackberry inbox.

Both DomainA and DomainB for the two users goes to the same outlook client. They get junk email content in blackberry inbox for DomainB only and not DomainA...

Any ideas?  Do i need to configure both domain names in BPS or something?

Thanks.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Junk Email battle

Are these 8 users all on the same Exchange Server?  Same Storage Group?  Same Mailbox Database?

What version of Exchange are you using?  What other clients are these users using (Outlook 2007?  OWA?)

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

All 8 on same exchange, storage group, and database. users are using 2007 outlook and OWA.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran II

I'm betting the messages are getting picked up by BPS before the mail is getting filtered ...

Is everyone using server-side filtering? If any client rules are in effect BPS will get the message before the client rule is used.  Try the setting in the KB above; I know several people using it happily ... and a few second delay on message delivery for BlackBerry hasn't been an issue with any of them.

New Contributor

that BPS change has already been done. 60 second delay. Like i said this only happens to the two users with two email addresses.  not the others.
Forums Veteran II

Are these users getting regular delivey of their messages or are they coming in batches / clumps?

You can use the messageflow.exe BRK tool to see if they're getting delivered via udp NOTIFY or mailbox RESCAN.

If you'd like, zip up a set of the days logs and email it to BBAndyDufresne@gmail.com. Please also make sure to include a link to this thread so I know what the message is referencing / where to respond; I'll use the tools myself and will let you know what I see.

I'll post back any relevant content removing anything personally identifiable / confidential.

New Contributor

Ok where can I find these logs?  Thanks for your help
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

located near here

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

No Logs, do i need to enable them?
Forums Veteran II

Open the BlackBerry Server Configuration application in the start menu and you should see a logging tab.  It'll point you to where the logs are kept.