Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D) error

Hi,

We have BES Express 5.0.4.27 connecting to an Exchange 2010 Server SP1 using a CAS array.

All users have the "Result of last transaction to the device  Failed forwarding message" error in the administration console.

When I use the "IEMSTest.exe" utility I get this result:

Sylvain Bolduc: CDO Server Name: outlook.grimard.ca
Sylvain Bolduc: CDO Mailbox DN: /o=Groupe Grimard/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=sylvain.bolduc
Sylvain Bolduc: CDO logon successful
Sylvain Bolduc: CDO COM exception: Code = 80040705, WCode = 0505, Code meaning = IDispatch error #12
Description = You do not have permission to log on. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
- [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]].
Sylvain Bolduc: CDO test failed
Sylvain Bolduc: No Send As permission for the {GRIMARD\BESadmin} account operator.
Sylvain Bolduc: Initializing EWS Proxy... successful
Sylvain Bolduc: Configuring User... successful
Sylvain Bolduc: EWS calendar find request... failed

I checked and BESadmin has the necessary AD permissions on this user. Any ideas what else to verify ?

Thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D) error

Contributor

I folowed the steps in the article but IEMSTEST.exe still gives me this error:

Sylvain Bolduc: No Send As permission for the {GRIMARD\BESadmin} account operator.

Even though the Exchange Management shell tells me the opposite:

Identity User ExtendedRights IsInherited
-------- ---- -------------- -----------
grimard.ca/1235 Bersimis/Sylvain Bolduc GRIMARD\BESAdmin {Send-As} False

Any ideas ?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

that could be a glitch or an issue

is that user a member of any groups that could be blocking sendas?

Here is a good amount of info on it.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/sendas.jsp

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/sendasfaq.jsp

Video on send as
https://www.blackberry.com/blackberrytraining/web/SendAs/Source/video/sendAs.html

What is BES admin service account
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/What-is-the-BESAdmin-service-a...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

I read these articles but no solution.

As you can see from the screen shots below the "Send As" permission is there at the Exchange level and at the AD level but IEMSTest still says "No Send As permission for the {GRIMARD\BESadmin} account operator."

exchange.png

ad.png

Any suggestions ?

Guru III
My Device:

I was getting the same error as you, and I figured it out ... turns out it had nothing to do with permissions. The error is because you are not specifying the EXACT Distinguished Name for your BESAdmin account.

Here's how to determine the exact Distinguished Name...

1. On your Exchange Server (mine is Exch 2010), launch Active Directory Users & Computers

2. Right-click on the very top node (it says "Active Directory Users and Computers") and select View | Advanced Features

3. Next, drill down in the tree, until you locate your user (BESAdmin)

4. Right-Click on your BESAdmin user and select "Properties"

5. Click on the "Attribute Editor" (You won't be editing anything in this tab ... you're just looking)

6. Scroll down in this list of attributes, until you find "distinguishedName"

7. Copy the entire Value.

In my case, it is:
"CN=BES Admin,OU=Special Purpose,OU=My Company,DC=mycompany,DC=com"

8. Now go back to the Exchange Management Shell (aka the "Tool That Intimidates the Hell out of my Boss and Therefore Gives me Job Security") and re-enter the entire "Add-ADPermission" command, this time using the Distinguished Name you found in ADUC.

Worked for me ... I think it should work for you too!

To clarify ... the ENTIRE command I ran in Exch Management Shell was:

Add-ADPermission -InheritedObjectType User -InheritanceType Descendents -ExtendedRights Send-As -User "BESAdmin" -Identity "CN=BES Admin,OU=Special Purpose,OU=My Company,DC=mycompany,DC=com"

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

I entered the command and I received:

WARNING: The appropriate access control entry is already present on the object "CN=BESAdmin,CN=Users,DC=grimard,DC=ca" for account "GRIMARD\BESAdmin".

Any ideas what else to try ?

Guru III
My Device:

Contributor

I finally found out that our wireless provider changed all our packages for ones not BB compatible. 

So the error from IEMSTest was misleading.

Thank you very much for all the help.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

OUCH

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

Under Manage Connections on the device (OS 5 and higher), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.