Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Message prepopulation not working on BESX server

[ Edited ]

Does anybody have any suggestions for this topic?  I have the same problem as well, we have BES express 5.0.2, Exchange 2010 and BB's range from 9700 to 9900's.  The issue i'm having only occurs on ONE account on the BES server.  I've moved the user to their own agent, this was after I removed the ueser from the server, re-added the user to the BES, and reactivated the user.  I can see in the MAGT log that pre-populated messages were suppose to be triggered, however no such luck in getting any old messages to the device, only new mesages.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: message prepopulation not working on BESX server

New Contributor

@ Knottyrope,

Thanks for the response, I have reviewed and used both of these files with not success.  You should also know that, I have removed another user from the BES, and re-activated their account and that DID have messages pre-populated as per the rules.  The only difference between these users are:

1. One is the CEO of our company and their current mailbox size is 2.4 Gigs

2. The other user's account is a new user that's just starting out, so the mailbox does have about  3 weeks worth of emails, so going by the rules of 750 or 14 days, she was able to get her mails for the last 2 weeks.

Any other suggestions and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

size of mailbox really does not matter for pre population

are there any other permissions on the CEO mailbox or is it default?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks again for your response Knottyrope,

There are no other permissions on the CEO's account that would prevent pre-population, as it did work before, just hasn't been working lately.

Could it be possible that the BES is not actually removing the mailbox information when the user is being removed from the BES?  How can i verify and be sure the mailbox information does get removed IF in fact BES can't do it automatically?

Guru III
My Device:

it is a hidden folder on exchange and can take time to remove.

MFCMAPI can look at the hidden folder, be careful as you can do damage fast if you dont know what you are doing.

sually I wait 30 min or more before adding back in.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

I'll look into the MFCMAPI.

What maintenances can I run on the user's mailbox to ensure I'm not running into this issue again in the future?  Currently with 2010, there is no maintenances that are running, and I need to understand what is standard for a BES environment?

Guru III
My Device:

could be corruption in the mail box, I would remove from BES, Move mailbox to different store and once done add back to BES