Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Migrate Users from BESX 5.0.3 bundl 12 to 5.0.4 bundle 38

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We have already a BESX with 5.0.3.41 bundle 12, i tried to upgarde it to SP4 but wasn't succeed because an error "The setup application has detected an installation of Blackberry Enterprise Server Express on this computer. The setup application will now exit. For more information about upgrading from Blackberry Server Express to the Blackberry Enterprise Server, visit www.blackberry.co/go/serverdocs to read the latest revision of the Blackberry Enterprise Server Upgrade Guide" One of the RIM Technical Person said our BESX badabase is currupted and we have to take professional support on chargable basis. Then i decided to install new BESX with 5.0.4.27 bundle 38 and succeeded with saperate database. Then i tried to activate my BB with new server which was earlier on old server it gave me an error while activation "IT policy rejected, cleare your handheld and then try". Then i wiped my handheld and tried, it activated in a single attempt.
Do I have to activate each handheld in such a way or there is some other way to migrate my all users from old to new BESX, pleaes guide me?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrate Users from BESX 5.0.3 bundl 12 to 5.0.4 bundle 38

use transporter to move users over or you have to wipe them to remove encryption keys

get it here

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=D736BB10D83A904AEFC1D6CE93DC54B8

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Migrate Users from BESX 5.0.3 bundle 12 to 5.0.4 bundle 38

Thank you, it migrated most of the users. Some are left, will wipe their handset and get activated with new server.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrate Users from BESX 5.0.3 bundle 12 to 5.0.4 bundle 38

good to hear most worked.

i had a 2 that would not work but activated fine after

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V