Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8300
My Carrier: TIM

Migrate besx on another server

Hello,

I have to migrate my besx on a new server.
Currently the server besx (version 5 service pack1 maintenance release 2) is installed on windows server 2003 r2 installed with Exchange 2003 (single server besx + exchange). Sql2005 express database using the shell is installed on the same machine. As a user for services besx was created as the user manual besadmin.

To perform the migration I would use the transporter tool.
So I setup a new server with operating system Windows 2008 r2, with the latest build of besx (5.0.4).
I will use the sql express 2008 r2 included in the installer.

At this point I have two questions.

The first question is in order to make moving users besx I utilize two different exchange accounts? Or you can use the account you created in the first besx (besadmin)?

The second question is during the transition users will be operating on both servers besx?

thanks

greetings

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrate besx on another server

use existing BESAdmin account, install new BES, use transporter to move users over.

Both BES can run at same time with out issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks

Contributor

Hello,
since I also want to migrate from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 is not better to use two different accounts?
I use besadmin for the old besx and I create besadminnew for the new besx.
Using two different accounts I do not need to change the mapi profile besx installed on the exchange server 2003.
In this way I have on the old server besx the mapi profile that points to the server 2003 by using the user besadmin.
On the new besx I use the account besadminnew and I edit  the mapi profile pointing to exchange server 2010.
I make this question because I do not know if when I move the besadmin account on the mail server exchange 2010 server the old besx is able to handle the blackberry as it is installed on the exchange server 2003 (on exchange server 2003 I can not install new CDO and I do not if the ESM is capable of interfacing at the exchange 2010).

thanks

greetings

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

yesh you might have an issue with BES installed on the Exchange 2003 server. I have not tried it that way as my BES is always on separate hardware. Making a new service account wont hurt

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

your welcome