Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Migrating BES Express to New Server and also from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010

Hi All BB Expert Gurus,

I am in the process of migrating our Exchnage 2003 Server to Exchange 2010 Server. We've moved the mailboxes from from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 except those with BB Devices. We got Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 running in parallel until we moved all the mailboxes.

BES Express V5.0.4 installed on separate server than Exchange 2003 with BB Transporter Service and Messaging API and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1.

I would like to migrate the BES Express to new Windows Server 2012.and like to confiure with Exchnage 2010. In my search - I've found the following two useful links:

1. http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB22601&sliceId=2&cm...

2. http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=336A6AA1CE8ABFB05703ECCD7E6DBCF3?...

Now, what I am baffled here is that which one applies to me in this instance i.e the 1st link or 2nd link?

Await to hear from you guys.

Kind regards,

Vishal.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrating BES Express to New Server and also from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010

first link will work fine for the 2003 to 2010 upgrade, you will want to move BES prior to the upgrade.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Re: Migrating BES Express to New Server and also from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010

Hi KnottyRope,

Thanks for your reply. To move the BES prior to upgrade - is the 2nd link the best option?

Await your response.

Regards,

Vishal.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

yes that will work

you have a few choices

install new BES and use transporter to move users over

move database onto new server and install bes

move database to new server,  add in new BES and point to new SQL server, move users over in BAS, then decomission old bes

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Hi Knotty Rope,

Thank you for your advise. Managed to get the BES Express installed on new Windows Server 2012. Got it up and running after lots of hassle. It worked for 2 weeks or so and it suddenly stopped working. None of the BB Users are synchronising. Not sure why it stopped suddenly.

Getting these errors/warnings in the Event Log: User not started,

MAPIMailbox - DeleteAllDeviceSearches (0x00000000) failed,

MAPIMailbox::Construct - Open BlackBerry configuration folder failed

Any help to get this resolved would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Vishal.

Guru III
My Device:

New Contributor

Hi Knotty Rope,

Thank you for your email.

Yeah, followed everything what you've mentioned below when the problem started.

1. Restarted all the BES Services.]

2. Rebooted the BES Express Server.

3. Double,Triple check the permissions by following KB02276 and KB15582.

4. Run the IEMSTest.exe as mentioned in the link - http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/25747/Verify_Win_account_access_to_Exchange_usrs_61...

5. Every task was performed that I can think of.

But later then realised - that I didn't try to reboot new Exchange Server 2010. Restarted that and Bingo. Mail started coming through on Blackberry Devices.

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated.

Regards,

Vishal.